Re: canadian roots

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 18:07:16 PDT

At 5:31 PM -0700 6/4/01, Mike Cole wrote:
>the main point i was trying to make in my remarks was that the views
>expressed by Nate as "what everyone does" are most certainly NOT
>what everyone does in my part of the world. I actually doubt that they
>are the norm in Canada, but would be happy to be wrong.

Mke, certainly at the two universities where I worked and served on
salary and promotion committees, it didn't seem to matter. And my own
work is, but the initial few years, all concerned with research in
the world rather than with running rats--perhaps I should have
written rat$.

Michael

--

Wolff-Michael Roth

Lansdowne Professor Applied Cognitive Science MacLaurin Building A548 Tel: (250) 721-7885 University of Victoria FAX: (250) 472-4616 Victoria, BC, V8W 3N4 Email: mroth@uvic.ca URL: http://www.educ.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/