connections to contructionism

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:25:30 PDT

Very interesting that we were so close but so far in 1987, Martin. The
connections between our current theorizing and logo/Diennes/Froebel would
be well worth discussion.

I was actually directly involved with Papert in 1987 because he was part of
a group we were coordinating that introduced email into the Soviet Academy
of Sciences as a way of getting coordination with soviet developmental
scholars.

Now star logo and active worlds, residua of that earlier era, are still
with us.
mike