RE: Vygotsky's Crisis in Psychology

From: Nate Schmolze (vygotsky@home.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 05:24:17 PDT

Linda,

You said:

For instance, one might argue that teachers have a dysfunctional
professional community, have for years, and seem unable to manage a lot
of LBE in their k-12 teaching profession, despite the many disturbances
in the system.

I guess, maybe naively, I am wondering about this comment. Dysfunctional
in comparison too what? I guess in general I'm curious about what aspects
of the "teaching community" are seen as dysfunctional.

But then, maybe my confusion has to do with the insertion of
"professional" into community. Maybe a better question is "what is a
functional professional community".:)

--
Warning: I charge $50.00 per email for all unsolicited commercial email.
Use of this email address is acceptance of these terms.