RE: clocks and time machines

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@lesley.edu)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 05:05:56 PDT

Phillip Capper claims he goes to lunch at 12:15 each day, but by my watch he actually goes to lunch at 4:15 AM on the previous day. (What else would you expect in a place where people stand upside-down, where it's warmer in January than in July, and where water swirls counter-clockwise down the drain?)

And my watch is calibrated through a PC whose time is set according to that at the National Institute of Technology and Standards. Ferries are definitely not to be trusted.

But I envy his workplace view.

bb