Correction of family man's surprises

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 19:36:47 PDT

In a message dated 5/9/2001 9:22:40 PM Central Daylight Time, MnFamilyMan
writes:

> I do not believe that zpd is a social construct, I think Vygotsky intend it

This should read, ' . . .measurable aspect of an individual's potential."

Anyone believe in Freudian slips. In the past month I have had many setbacks
with students, including two students being arrested for serious offenses.
Part of me believes my initial word, statistic, was not an accident. A new
student, 15 ,diagnosed with manic-depression, mother in jail for drug
dealing, in and out of residential treatment facilities is the poster child
for the term "throw-away child". Sometimes I wonder why I care?

Still caring but struggling,
eric