Re: Skinner

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 18:55:16 PDT

In a message dated 5/3/2001 2:55:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu writes:

> Eric, i've not got a clue what the above means - i don't understand the
> notion of a viable product introduced into discourse, academic or not.

It is my understanding that a large portion of the problem constructionist's
have with behaviorist theory is that it treats student's behavior as a
commodity. It is difficult to say that publishing houses do not push a
'theory of the month' on any green educator. I would suspect that many
theorists in discourse today are discussing how it is the marketplace has
taken hold and formulated curriculum to address Skinner's behaviorist
approach (ie pre-packaged behavior management programs for E/BD classrooms).
 In a free-market economy marketing is the force that oftentimes decides what
curriculum is placed in schools and what is left to be discussed in
University lounges. Do University's have staff meetings?

Not quite sure about academic protocol,
Eric