Re: Blanton, Cole, Owen, design experiments

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 20:37:00 PDT

In a message dated 5/1/2001 2:55:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
wbarowy@mail.lesley.edu writes:

> which culture is (primarily) an external,
> independent variable.

Culture is an external variable. There is no other way to frame culture
other than from coming outside a person. However, once a person becomes
acculturated there is the synthesis of the dialectic to address. Someone
please tell me why we were all so rebellious as teenagers but now that we are
established within our systems and networks we no longer hold the same ideals
and standards we held as teenagers? Is it possible we synthesized our
understanding based on the syllogistic dialectic of our everyday experience?
It is not the culture that needs to be measured it is the degree and severity
of a person's inability to synthesize a culture's syllogisms that need to be
measured.

What do you think?
Eric