design experiments

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 08:57:54 PDT

We are also talking about design experiments locally. The Collins approach
which talks in independent/dependent variable terms seems inappropriate to
me and Yrjo tells me that he and Bill grilled Allan C at AERA on this issue.

There is a paper on the lchc web page I prepared for a meeting honoring
Ann Brown, who wrote an earlier paper on design experiments, where some of
the issues, but by no means all are raised.

We can add this to the list of topics to be discussed after LBE, after
Jameson, after Gould, after......... we all get all that free time!
mike