Re: reflection (on ending duels - still belabouring)

From: Judy Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 18:17:34 PDT

Yes, I agree that its the "personal investment... in the worth of (one's)
own ideas" that motivates the "pounding" of an argument, in your own
well-chosen words. As if there were no vulnerable people behind the
personnae we assign to messages.

I like "critical re-direction" -- I wish we were better at doing it.

Judy