Re: . rRe: reflection (on ending duels - still belabouring)

From: Judy Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 18:04:09 PDT

Eva, with regard to persons, we can construct only virtual personnae from
email alone, which is perhaps all we ever construct in RL too -- granted.
But I think we do ourselves & others a disservice if we assume that we know
who is "behind" the personnae -- if we judge persons. We can judge our
interaction with them, but people are different with different people. Over
time, across various interactions, we can detect patterns, but I still
think the ethical stance is to withhold judgement. Afford people the
opportunity to be other than the personnae we have assigned to them in the
past.

Judy