Re: . rRe: reflection (on ending duels - still belabouring)

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 15:19:24 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>The only way I can interpret what Judy meant is to understand
>"contribution" where she writes "interaction" since basically we don't see
>an interaction we see a contribution to ongoing threads of topically or
>thematical related contributions, lets say about a topic Q.

gee - i think for some of us there is an inter-active quality to
discussion. or perhaps that is what some of us would be striving for, as a
way to enable alternatives to the "post-my-lecture" contribution
approach...

>Thinking of the cases where the issue arises (naturally , as pointed out
>in
>LBE Ch3, places where conflict, disturbance and contradiction arise) a
>non-CHAT approach is simple: the test procedure would be,

yes, thanks. but i also think a CHAT approach, as judy indicated, might be
a way to think about ethics
and our activities here, as a virtual community.

did i misunderstand ?
diane

"my doctor says i wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if i would just keep my
finger out of there. "
Ralph Wiggums.