Re: dominance "over" nature

From: Phil Graham (phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 20:38:50 PDT

At 06:15 PM 4/25/01 -0700, PD wrote:
>Phil,
>
>It's very clear to me that you are not serious about this.

Indeed I am.

>I haven't seen such a flaming **** on a listserv in many, many years.

I am not flaming you.

>Not to mention that yoou clearly don't understand marxist economic theory
>but use him the way a drunk uses a lamp_pole, not for illumination, but for
>support..

That is a rather inflammatory statement. At least I quote accurately.

All I have said --- all along --- is that you made wrong assertions about
Marx's attitude towards nature, and that you have misquoted him, or
decontextualised the quotes. Put more gently: you seem to have
misunderstood the point. I have also said that it appears you cannot bear
to think that you are wrong.

That is not a flaming. And, I meant what I said about Australian culture
and insults. It's quite true.

Anyway, this is no doubt boring everybody rigid and we should stop.

Either that or write to me personally.

Best regards,
Phil