Re: ethnography of lbe2 troubles

From: Helena Worthen (hworthen@igc.org)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 06:26:02 PDT

People -- the idea of an "encapsulated" activity system is helpful (I'm responding to Bill's note about sharpening the language surrounding ch activity theory). When activity bubbles along and looks as if it's going to stir something up (I'm thinking about rank and file activism here, in a particular labor union that I"m studying -- where the organizational structures DO encapsulate this activity) -- and then doesn't...

Helena