Re: eric's point -

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 18:41:04 PDT

Phillip,

My point is that I have personel experience with the barriers the world of
academia puts in place. Many times these barriers are arbitrary and
unfounded. Mike Cole made a very good point about avoiding the negative and
searching for the positive. I said what I had to say and now I am done
complaining. I feel a bit like like a hypocrite because above my desk at
work I have a red slash through the word whining. Having reread my post it
appears that is what I was doing. I am done. My comments were not directed
at anyone specifically on xmca, they were of a more general tone towards the
negative experience myself and my family have confronted in the world of
academia. What I am doing to apply theory to real world contexts is to
address and hopefully remove the barriers in place that prevent mentally ill
adolescents and young adults from receiving the services they require. It is
very difficult, however, I am not unhappy. In fact I have been doing it for
6 years and plan on making it my life work.

Golf is just around the corner,
eric