Re: Phil's suggestions

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 02:02:13 PDT

At 22.54 -0400 01-04-20, MnFamilyMan@aol.com scrobe:
>In a message dated 4/20/2001 4:55:45 AM Central Daylight Time,
>eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se writes:
>>What is subjective about the private ownership of land or about
>>inheritance laws?
>
> Subjective is defined as: characteristic of or belonging to reality as
>perceived rather than as independent of mind : PHENOMENAL -- compare
>OBJECTIVE
>1b

No.

Subjective is defined as: Concerned with or proceeding from the
consciousness or the ego as opposed to objective or external things; due to
the individual mind, fanciful, imaginary.

Get my point, Eric?

I think the word you want is IDEAL, in the sense this concept has been
worked out by Ilyenkov:
http://www.marxists.org/archive/ilyenkov/works/ideal/ideal.htm

Enjoy!

Eva