Re: topic for iscrat

From: King Beach (kdbeach@pilot.msu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 11:41:05 PDT

I'd like to second Mike's suggestion that this be a topic at ISCRAT
in Amsterdam. A transition committee consisting of members of the
executive board of the Society for Sociocultural Studies and ISCRAT
are meeting in Amsterdam in June of this year to continue work on the
merger/transformation of the two organizations. While both
organizations are international and have overlapping membership, they
differ in their historical relation to various regions of the world,
as Eugene has suggested. International representation in
publications, location of meeting sites, etc. are all important
issues for discussion, whether it be as a symposium and/or as part of
the business meeting at the 2002 Congress in Amsterdam.

Cheers,

King

>Eugene et al-- How about proposing a topic on international publications
>and democratization of participation at ISCRAT?
>mike

King Beach

Transitions Research Group Office: 441 Erickson Hall Program in Educational Psychology Voice: 517-355-6684 College of Education Fax: 517-353-6393 Michigan State University Email: kdbeach@msu.edu East Lansing, Michigan 48824 USA Web: www.msu.edu/user/kdbeach/