levels of processing

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 16:08:42 PDT

Paul-- I think that so long as we can, we operate at bateson's level 1.
When pushed a little, we achieve level 2. When we are really pushed,
and we cannot tolerate our situations, and we coordinate the best tools
we have at hand, we sometimes break away to something entirely different.
better or not? hmmmmmmm

As an object of research, the 5thD for me operates as a constant stimulus
to re-think, self-criticize, while more or less assuring I do not do
overt and obvious harm.... some might even interpret it as good. But I
remain sceptical. And curious, and, apparently, suprisingly ready to pick
my ass of the floor each time I get knocked down, to try again.
mike