Re: the system

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 14:10:19 PDT

Mike,

Here is the issue that confounds me. When I address the problems these
'turf-wars' present to service delivery I am met with a very positive
response from legislatures and their mouthpieces. They agree that federal
and state funding should be getting to the people who need the assistance.
However, they don't know what to do because they know as well as any American
that legislating behavior is ineffective for producing any effect other then
putting money in the pockets of lawyers. So, if we can't pass any laws that
will break the vicious cycle these social systems now operate within, what
can be done to remove barriers and get service and funding to the people who
really need it?

Also, having just started Comparitive Studies of How People Think, I am
curious if you are familiar with co-genetic logic and the work of Herbst(sp)?
 If so, I would appreciate any comments regarding.

Eric