Re: respect

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 16:01:57 PDT

Mike,

I regret I was unable to respond to your post earlier. Time is of the
essence. I have made an attempt to read your books. I am fascinated by
them. They were much needed at the time. Now we have a system in place that
accounts for many cultural biases. Unfortunately becaseu of their being no
foundation for whether a culture is right or wrong it appears their is no
right and their is no wrong. Recently Eugene (sorry I don't know his last
name) steered me towards Bruno Latour's book, Scientists in Action. This I
believe was a fabulous attempt at explaining how systems become entrenched
and unchangeable. Unfortunately, I am unable to finish my thoughts
completely on this subject, my son needs a ride. I thank you for your
effeorts at increasing enrollment for minorities. However, as one who works
with clients at point of entry into the various systems that are supposed to
help them get service I have seen first hand that these various systems are
not set up to supply the help they are supposed to they are set up to protect
the system. If you want concrete examples I can give them to you on a later
date. If you have any examples of studyies done regarding the increase in
administrative costs for school districts since Special Education law was
inacted in 1975 I would appreciate those references. I do not expect you to
reply to all of my posts, it just appeared you were making a snide remark
about taking the Engstrom quote out of context.

They don't call me ramblin' Ramberg for nothing,
Eric