Re: Individual activity?

From: Martin Ryder (mryder@carbon.cudenver.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 08:44:18 PDT

Victor,

I am following this thread with great interest and I particularly
appreciate your reminder that "it *is* possible to be individual and
social at the same time".

In my job, I often spend many hours alone in my 'Dilbert' cubicle
solving an engineering problem. I typically feel isolated in my
actions until I take notice of the tools, the language, the schema,
and information resources that I employ as I undertake the task.
Whether or not I engage my colleagues in a task, the outcome is
never the product of my labor alone.

Martin R.