Re: The idea of shared object vs. shared experience

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 21:06:45 PDT

Bill,

The idea of a shared object is cerainly different then the idea of a shared
experience. An object is something which holds a place in space in and time.
 The shared experience only holds a place in time. The mystical aspect of a
shared experience is that within a given moment, the usually subjective
moment becomes objective because more then one person has clarified a moment
in time. Is this measurable? I don't know Bill, you tell me. The wasy the
Roman Catholic church used to measure the shared experience was through the
amount of money in the coffers. Since academia no longer associates itself
with spirituality it hasn't come up with a sound way for measuring the shared
experience.

Eric