Re: community & community of practice

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 19:25:12 PDT

Perhaps we are jumping ahead since the expanded activity system model that
includes community is presented in chapter 2 but one thing that needs to be
pointed out, since we are jumping ahead, is that the discussion of community
without discussing "rules" and "division of labor" as well as the
fundamental realtions of production, distribution, exchange, and comsumption
that YE employs within the expanded triangle, is a notable weakness of
everything i've ever seen about the meaning of community in CHAT. But I
wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait until chapter 2 before entering into
these issues.

Paul H. Dillon