Re: community & community of practice

From: Charles Nelson (c.nelson@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 15:19:19 PDT

David, I don't know of any good discussions on the differences, but
AT's community of practice might actually be narrower. That is, the
community in an activity are those subjects motivated towards the
same object, whereas in other perspectives, it's often the people
engaged in the same actions, whether or not they are working towards
the same object.

Charles Nelson