Re: Re(3): history-text relations

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 14:56:39 PDT

In a message dated 4/2/2001 12:56:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
AStetsenko@gc.cuny.edu writes:

> Although this liberal stance may be a
> comfortable basis for academic discourse, it ignores the reality that in all
> domains of societal practice value judgments and decisions have to be made
> every day. People have to decide where they want to go, which way is up. If
> behavioral and social sciences want to avoid that issue, they will be unable
> to work out useful yet theoretically ambitious intellectual tools for
> practitioners making those crucial decisions."

Here, here for this quote,

As one who is currently working with mentally ill adolescents I would just
like to say that within the framework of the systems (yes america has
numerous systems established for providing social services) we currently are
expected to operate within, it is IMPOSSIBLE to coordinate interagency
funding. If the money don't flow the service don't go.

That is all the people need to know,
Eric Ramberg