RE: Chapter 1 and New Introduction

From: Cunningham, Donald (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 06:04:05 PDT

It makes for an interesting discussion when the author of the work under
discussion participates! But I think that YE would agree that his virtual
presence should in no way inhibit the conversation. The author can not
control what use or misuse readers will make of a manuscript. I don't
believe you will offend him if you disagree or fail to understand his point.
Quite the contrary, our discussion may help him clarify his thinking. I, for
one, am struggling with his discussion of the horizontal and vertical. More
on this later.

djc