Re: Chapter 1 and New Introduction

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 12:52:34 PDT

In a message dated 4/1/2001 2:05:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
SCHMOLZE1@home.com writes:

> Mainly, though I would find discussion on ascending to the concrete,
> internal contradictions, and expansive learning useful since they appear to
> be central concepts throughout the book.

I am wondering whether it would helpful to consider internal contradicitons
as equivelent to Vygosky's idea about spontaneous thought and expansive
learning as equivalent to Vygotsky's idea about scientific thought?

I can certainly appreciate Engstrom's mention that most learning theory's
only address reactionary principles. Intuitively I am troubled that he wants
to equate expansive learning with Jung's social conscious. Nothing sound yet
to mention any more about this idea but would certainly appreciate if anyone
could clarify this 'expansive learning'concept.

Eric