Re: who's who

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 23:20:49 PST

At 01.47 -0400 01-04-01, Susan Knutson scrobe:
>Hi Peggy,
>
>Is there a difference between being a member and receiving the emails? I am
>reading the emails, following the discussions from a bit of a distance and
>starting to make links with my work when possible ... but I don't see my
>name on the list.

Of course any subscriber is a member.

I suspect that the posted list does not agree very well with the current
readership of the xmca, since it is the list kept and updated manually by
Peggy. To me it looks like it has drifted quite far out of touch with the
actual masterlist, in use with the server. From what I know from my xlist
research about the turnover rate in past years, a substantial part of the
"lurkers" whose names I recognize on the list should have unsubscribed -
and there should also, I think, be correspondingly more new names.

I wonder if it isn't the case that the list gets adjusted manually only in
the cases where people have trouble with the automatic procedures and get
help from LCHC staff. As long as the automatic subscription and
unsubscription procedures work smoothly changes don't get into the list.

Could this be so?

Eva