Re: boundaries

From: DGeorgiou@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 16:29:45 PST

I agree with your view, Mike. Many people read Barker as being too
behavioristic. I believe this comes from the mechanistic imagery and
expressions he used, which was indeed the lingo of that time when behaviorism
ruled sovereign. I personally read Barker's work as one way ahead of his
time, whose weakness may be that he did not forge new linguistic expressions
to describe his ideas. But then, how could he have? He was a very frail man
who left us a monumental work, including putting on their way to successful
careers several of his students by seeing to it that they publish before they
even graduate.

Regards,

Doris.