other voices

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 09:27:50 PST

Eugene-- I will not be able to make it to Seattle, but hopefully will
be able to make it to New Orleans next year. In any event, I think that
an interesting theme would be something like "other voices." By this I
mean, cultural-historical theorists who have contributed to the development
of educational theory who have not figured prominently in most of the
discussions I have seen.

Bill B's note on Elkonin, who ought be better known than he is sparked
this idea, but there are lots of younger people from Eastern Europe
who might be involved and I would not restrict the list to the "eastern"
tradition, but think about possibilities from other parts of the world
as well.
mike