Carnival news

From: Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 17:25:00 PST

At thursday, I recieved two fantasy kit to get into APACHES DO TORORÓ. Instead of being with OLODUM, I have gone out with Apaches.
There are, basically, three great kinds of blocks in Bahian Carnival:
(1) Afoxés (like FILHOS DE GANDHY) e Blocos Afro (like MALÊ DE BALÊ and ILÊ AYÊ, for example);
(2) Blocos de Índio (like APACHES)
(3) Blocos de Trio (blocks with trio elétrico - a special motion stage with special good quality sound and also light effects followed by people with a confortable trainning and fashion wear).

Today, the Apaches' motion stage (trio elétrico) was occupied by TERRASAMBA band. It was great. The Apaches do Tororó was the second "official" block along the streets (all blocks have to follow a certain sequence established by city major adminstrative staff).

Too much bear and "samba".
Bye.
Wednesday everything comes back to order.

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu
Universidade do Estado da Bahia-Uneb
Cond. Aldeia de Trobogy
Rua B1, Bl. 49C/301