Re: evolution and culture

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 17:36:00 PST

mike,

I'm not totally sure who/what you include in the "work in evolutionary
psychology". Your discussion of cross cultural studies in _Cultural
Psychology_ makes reference to the primitive/modern dichotomy but his is not
a category of any model of cultural evolution (e.g., Morgan's, Engel's,
White's, Steward's, etc.). Also, there is no index entry "evolutionary
psychology". Within the CHAT tradition the only examples I can think of are
the Luria & Vygotsky book that includes the section derived from work in
central Asia and sections of Leont'ev's Problems in the Development of Mind.
Who else do you have in mind?

Paul H. Dillon