Re: Bakhtin, moral answerability...

From: Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 06:19:20 PST

Judy,

Judge your position was not the aim. I was trying to understand better your
thinking. Trying to know what you are reffering to, using the word EMOTION.

I myself always use the word AFECT to reffer to EMOTIONS and FEELINGS.
EMOTIONS to social life in general (including nonhuman interactions) and
FEELINGS exclusivelly to the socio-historical culture. This, consequentlly,
makes me put myself aside Wallon's and Ratner's distinction.