temperament/personality

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 11:56:51 PST

Andy-- If its not available where you are, I will try to find
some text from Cole and Cole, *Dev of Children* where we deal
with the personality/temperament issue. As Carl Levitin titled
his book, *One is not born a personality." But it appears prettyi
clear that one is born with some characteristics "biases" in
responsivity/sensitivity to different forms of interaction with
the people/culture/build environment of the life niche. The quesetion
of how these more phylogenetically constrained features interact with
the socio-cultural environment to create personality is a GIANT
question mark. Great topic.
mike