Re: Fw: Carl's paper

From: Judy Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 20:14:59 PST

Paul, if institutions can change only by virtue of individuals working
together, then don't individuals with all their culturally 'caused'
imperfections need to understand themselves AS individuals IN interaction
in order to effect change? That is, don't we need to understand (and be
accountable for) our imperfections? How does the collective work happen
otherwise? I like the idea -- was it Carl's? Andy's? that agency has not
yet been realized because we have not yet formed a collective
consciousness, and I don't see how that we can unless we can negotiate &
dialog & shmarmy stuff like that. There is no object that is only
objective....

Judy