Re: Activity and Money

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 12:34:03 PST

Judy,

I've only read "Daddy's Girl" -- I assume we're talking about the same
Walkerdine. I have problems with integrating her work in a systematic way
within any rigorous social theory although looking at her work as literary
criticism; e.g., a sub specie of first level creative writing (eg, her
analysis of Little Orphan Annie) I find it quite insightful. What approach
does she take in collecting and presenting her data on "meaning-making
practices at home"?

My interest isn't so much in the mathematics at this level although I did
just spent the morning evaluating transcript records of community college
students who it turns out are usually struggling through the equivalent of
9th grade math.

Paul H. Dillon