reading

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 15:46:58 PST

Folks--
       I am pretty sure that a key to successful co-reading is access to
the text. The Leontiev text is the only one everyone has had access to
(long text, that is).

       I doubt if Vera's publisher would appreciate it if her new book
was put online for free but what the heck, Vera, if you can arrange it,
let us know and we can proceed.

      In that connection, Yrjo, you have the right to put your book
on the Web for general access. There was a request to that effect on
xmca last week, but if you responded to it, I missed it.

       Ditto with Ingold. If someone has his email address at Aberdeen,
I would be glad to write and ask permission to scan a chapter for
discussion-- and there are a LOT of interesting chapters that XMCA-ites
have suggested. But short of that, little hope of wide access.

      90 exciting essays read and still a bundle to go before sunrise.
I am still amazed that students, even after explicit instructions to
do so, will not run spell on their papers so that the first draft nature
of what I get to read is made depressingly clear.
mike