self-concept in socio-cultural theory

From: Aleksandar Baucal (ebaucal@etf.bg.ac.yu)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 08:17:24 PST

Hello everyone,

My name is Ksenija Krstic and I am a teaching assistant at the
University in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. I am working on my Ph.D. about
development of self-concept. As far as I know (correct me if I'm
wrong!), Vigotski didn't write anything about development of self and
identity. But I wonder if someone did write about development of self
and identity in context of socio-cultural theory or, specifically, about

mediating / cultural tools for development of self?

If there is something written about that, could you, please send me a