Re(4): Personality is an ensemble of social relations

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 10:29:27 PST

Peter comments -
>while sympathetic (to say the least) to attempts to develop an
>understanding of
>personality along marxian lines i feel that mohamed's interpretation of
>the
>1859 preface is excessively rigid (and somewhat at odds with the spirit of
>vygotsky's remarks he cites). compare, for example, the excellent
>discussion of
>marx's fundamental concepts and method by derek sayer - some of his
>writings
>reproduced at the following site

Mohamed's writing was in response to my wondering how marxist ideas were
integrated
into psychology without accounting for ideology. i was pleased he
responded, frankly,
i wasn't especially asking about marxism, or vygotsky,
but rather where is ideology in marxist psychology?

diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu