Zinchenko

From: Dot Robbins (drobbins@socket.net)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 06:45:17 PST

Dear Mike and everyone,
First of all, please know that I did not mean to be politically
incorrect with the last message today. I wrote to Judy on that and
stated that the laugh is really on me, as I sincerely do not know what
is politically correct or incorrect on xmca. My interest is very simple
and that is to try and go to a deeper of level of understanding, and
return to a better understanding of life, theory, research, etc. I
assume that we are all working together, and that each of us has a
different focus, according to our interests and experiences. I also
assume that we are all tolerant in that respect, at least I sure hope
so.

Mike, thanks for the reference to ZInchenko in Bonnie Nardi. I have not
seen that article. The paper I was referring to was given at the 1996
Vygotsky Centennial Conference in Moscow. It is being edited and will be
published soon, I hope. Certainly I and others will refer xmca to the
book coming out once it is finalized. Also, I hope there will be
recognition on xmca and other places of the centennial celebration of
the birth of Gal'perin in 2002, and the centennial celebration of the
birth of A.N. Leontiev in 2003.
Gal'perin will be honored at ISCRAT, as I understand it. I do hope that
there will be a conference, or Festschrift in honor of A.N. Leontiev in
2003. Please understand that I am critical of A.N. Leontiev's theories;
however, in working with A.A. Leontiev and his son, Dmitry Leontiev, and
in knowing what wonderful people they are, as well as excellent
scholars, I have a very deep sense of respect for A.N. Leontiev from
many wonderful warm stories I have heard about him. I just want to
understand his theories better. I hope that is understood by all. I have
a genuinely deep love for A. N Leontiev, something I cannot put into
words, and I am afraid that has not been stated at all.

Thanks,
Dot