Re: Keeping appearances simple for now

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 07:36:53 PST

Bill,

The Monet statement makes an odd kind of sense knowing that it comes from a
man who primarily painted pictures of his garden.

But as he became increasingly blind, his pictures of the same place in the
garden (those BIG canvases that were on display in Montreal at the time of
the '99 AERA) don't seem to reveal an increasing
transformation/approximation to any "unknown realities" but rather a
blurring, dimming, and loss of color of what he had previously depicted.
This produced sequences that rather chronicle my own experience with aging
vision.

Paul H. Dillon