Re(2): Keeping it simple for now

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 10:20:05 PDT

i wrote
>Diane on - "the actual objective world always strikes me as kind of a red
>herring - sure, it's there, but we can't know it"

by knowing, i meant in the ways Truths are proposed. i mean, of course
there is a materiality to
existence, there's no denying that bus. i just meant reality is partial,
always, and the actual objective world is partial, incomplete, but
probably you all know that anyhow.
what i was referring to are the assumptions that follow the "actual
objective world" - (the "therefores...")
but hey-honny-ho-honny, Helena's right - it was not her intent to start
debating this,
and the goddesses know me well enough to know i can't get anywhere here
with this sort of needling and wheezing over one little thing.
me shaddaps now.
thanks
diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu