Re: Safe now the blasts are over

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 21:45:18 PDT

Nate,

Thanks for posting those x-files! Like Andy and Phillip, I too was
initially surprised at these posts since I thought they were yours,
revealing a side heretofor unseen. I was also amazed thinking Engestrom had
bothered to join the discussion in a substantive way in response to your
(Arne's post). Then I understood but am grateful for your x-scholarship
nonetheless.

As always I'm awed by Arne Raithel's clear insight into the problems and his
ability to discern the key features, the differences that do make a
difference. While I'll still thought these posts were of the present I was
seconding Engestrom's suggestion concerning comparisons of the activity
theory approaches with "various text- and discourse-centered theories" but
the absence of those voices from this ongoing reading is quite evident.

There is a lot of material in what you have posted and I was just getting
ready to work with Ch 4 and Peter's synopsis. But it all makes one wonder
about continuity and social memory. Thanks.

Paul H. Dillon