Re: Psychic Reflection

From: Charles Nelson (c.nelson@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 07:31:41 PDT

Paul wrote:

> The REAL is extracted from social activity.

After rereading Leontiev several times, I'm still not sure what he
means by "objectivity" nor what Paul means by the REAL. Explanations
would be appreciated. Perhaps because of my non-understanding, a
question keeps nagging at me: Doesn't socially influenced perception
and theorist organs mean that instead of extracting the "real" from
social activity, we are constructing, as Fleck would call it, a
"harmony of illusions"?

Charles Nelson