want a job?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 15:58:50 PDT

>Dear Dr. Cole:

>The Developmental Psychology program at the University of Florida is
recruiting an ASSISTANT or ASSOCIATE Professor. I have included a copy of
the ad below. We are particularly interested in someone in social
approaches to cognitive development, applied developmental psycholgy, or
cognitive developmental neuroscience. If you know of a student, former
student, or postdoctoral fellow who would be appropriate, please encourage
them to apply.

>>Thank you.
>>
>>Jeff Farrar
>>Associate Professor
>>University of Florida
>>
>>The UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA invites applications for FOUR full-time,
tenure-accruing assistant/associate professorships, with service to begin
August 10, 2001. Applications should include a statement of research and
teaching interests, a curriculum vitae, up to five reprints and preprints,
and three letters of recommendation. Applicants should show evidence of
outstanding research and teaching potential. Successful applicants for all
four positions will be expected to establish an independent program of
research that can garner extramural support, to supervise and mentor
graduate students, to teach graduate and undergraduate classes, and to
participate in departmental governance. Desired specializations include
BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (either experimental or applied), COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY,
DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY (child/adolescence emphasis), and SOCIAL
PSYCHOLOGY (basic research emphasis). Salaries are competitive. Please
identify clearly on application materials the specialization being applied
for. Send materials to: [Specialization] Psychology Search Committee,
Psychology Department, University of Florida, 114 Psychology Building, PO
Box 112250, Gainesville, FL 32611-2250. The University of Florida
encourages applications from women and members of minority groups. The
selection process will be conducted under the provisions of Florida's
"Government in the Sunshine" and Public Records Laws. Anyone requiring
special accommodations to complete an application should contact Ms. Diana
Williamson (352) 392-0601, extension 200. Review of applications will
commence immediately. The application deadline is October 16th, 2000.