RE: RE: leontiev reading

From: Nate Schmolze (nate_schmolze@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 06:02:43 PDT

Diane,

I noticed that too when I posted it. In a "perfect world" we would have
better representation not only with gender, but accross cultural/national
boundaries.

Now, with Vera's interesting paper on AT and CH, and the mention awhile back
of the similarities and differences between feminism and chat it certainly
is a theme worth exploring throughout the discussion.

I do know when the idea was first posted the responses of interest were more
balanced. We did mention "a call" for discussion leaders on several
occasions hoping to have a "diverse" pool of discussion leaders. I think
many, including my self, have an interest in the discussion, but do not feel
knowedgeable enough about the material to take on the role of discussion
leader. Even those that did take on that role have concerns or anxiety
about the discussion leader role.

Nate Schmolze
http://members.home.net/schmolze1/
schmolze1@home.com