RE: Re(2): ilyenkov-ideal: synopsis >>> addendum re freedom

From: Alfred Lang (alfred.lang@psy.unibe.ch)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 07:05:09 PDT

RE: Re(2): ilyenkov-ideal: synopsis >>> addendum re freedom

Excuse me, in re-reading what came back to me and from me via the
list I realized that I have not mentioned an important point which
has become too self-evident to me; but you can't know except if you
are already well versed in SemEco and reading German.

I said in passing that my conception of "freedom / responsibility" is
an aspect or part of semeco and I attempted to convey how much it is
based in concrete situatedness and the action potential of concrete
individuals in their environment. I should have added that semiotic
ecology allows for a rather clear conceptual explanation of what it
means to be free or better to choose among options in acting and also
to some extent in perceiving. The key word is secondarization. I said
"freedom" is not an addition to the human condition but genuine. This
can only become evident to one who understands semeco in its whole
scope. Nobody who understands this can attribute me transcendentalism.

So this conceptual explanation will become understandable only later.
I'm sure I bring it back, provided anybody wants to read. For its an
essential part of the whole re understanding the human conditionThose
of you reading German can consult a short prefatory note of 1998 to a
chapter of 1991 entitled:

Die Sekundärsysteme und das Freiheitsproblem = The [internal]
secondary systems and the problem of freedom.

http://www.psy.unibe.ch/ukp/langpapers/pap1990-93/1991_96_freiheit_sek_syst.htm

Those (sub)sysystems are aspects or abstractions from the
IntrA-system in particular, of course, with their reach into ExtrA
via IntrO and ExtrO, and pertain to immediate experience or
awareness,imagination, language, and what is unsually called the
self. It is to be discussed how this will fit into the landscape of
theorzing about freedom anoverview on the some traditional approaches
is given in this paper.

Alfred

Alfred Lang, Psychology, Univ. Bern, Switzerland --- alfred.lang@psy.unibe.ch
Website: http://www.psy.unibe.ch/ukp/langpapers/