Re(2): Ideal - Ilyenkov

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 11:12:44 PDT

helen writes enthusiastically:

>Yep!!!!

so animals have no consciousness? dogs, cats, horses, lions, hyenas,
wolves, bears, whales, none of these beasts have consciousness, even as
they have sets of social systems and communcative roles and languages?

what about newborns? are we to believe we are born without any
consciousness, because we cannot speak? or because we are not socialized
at birth?
i am just trying to narrow the field, because i've done quite a bit of
study in the areas of
consciousness, and am seeking the parameters that may be taken for granted
here.
thanks helen!
diane

                                        :point where everything listens.
and i slow down, learning how to
enter - implicate and unspoken (still) heart-of-the-world.

(Daphne Marlatt, "Coming to you")

diane celia hodges

 university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
 university of colorado, denver, school of education

Diane_Hodges@ceo.cudenver.edu