Re: possible September discussion paper?

From: jan derry (j_derry@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 00:58:10 PDT

Paul, I am interested in both the Ilyenkov and Leontiev. I have said to Nate
that I would like to be involved in the Leontiev reading, but I am concerned
about managing the time given current workload. I have still to look at the
text. I would find the Ilyenkov piece easier to manage as I’m familiar with
it. I do think it’s a difficult text though, especially for people who
aren’t familiar with philosophy. David Bakhurst’s numerous articles do make
it easier to access and also to understand the importance of Ilyenkov’s
work, for this field. Jan

Jan Derry
www.edu.bham.ac.uk/SAT/Derry.html