Re: today's fun fact

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@lesley.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 10:21:56 PDT

A comment/question, once removed from the author:

>cool, vos Graeci use what word in modern Greek I wonder. sittubas, here is a
>shot in the dark wild idea, given that this is greek - but using latin roots
>would sittu bas mean situated beneath? i.e. the idea of an index to mark
>what is situated beneath? just a thought.

Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley College
29 Everett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138-2790
Phone: 617-349-8168 / Fax: 617-349-8169
http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/wbarowy/Barowy.html
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself
 and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]