Re: some refs

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 12:26:15 PDT

mike,

I'm looking into the feasibility of putting up the Bakhurst passages.

The book is "Consciousness and Revolution in Soviet Philosophy: From the
Bolsheviks to Evald Ilyenkov". Cambridge University Press. 1991.

Ch. 3 is devoted to a discussion of Vygotsky with attention to the question
of "internalization" (ZPD not really at issue here). The theme of the book
is Evald Ilyenkov's reworking of dialectical materialist theory with special
attention to "the problem of the ideal."

A lot of Ilyenkov at http://www.marxists.org/archive/ilyenkov/index.htm but
one of the works that Bakhurst cites frequently is "The Concept of the
Ideal" but I have been unable to locate it. Andy, any chance of getting
that up on the Ilyenkov page??

Paul H. Dillon